- About Us
- Shopping Cart
20HP Rotary Phase Converter
Now that you have determined that the 20 HP rotary phase converter is the correct size for your application, American Rotary has some exclusive choices for you - ones that you cannot find anywhere else. One of those choices is the controller. To help you choose, here are your options: Mechanical and Digital Controls:
Mechanical Controls: Delivers the voltage balance required for CNC and other voltage-sensitive equipment, and is also advantageous to non-CNC three phase loads.
Digital Controls: The best performance and protection to the phase converter start circuit and idler/generator, and they allow for increased torque that can be required for extreme starting loads while maintaining precise voltage balancing.
Sale Price: $1,253.00
List Price: $1,567.00
This 20HP Rotary Phase Converter changes input single phase power into three phase power, allowing shop equipment to operate at maximum efficiency. The proper size of a phase converter is determined by the largest load motor to start. Please call toll free 1-888-743-6832 for sizing assistance and/or our recommendation for your specific application. This 20HP unit will start and run:
Easy Loads up to 15HP:
Drills, Mills, Chop Saws, Wheel Balancers, etc.
Medium Loads up to 12HP:
Routers, Wide Belt Sanders, Radial Arm Saws, Air Compressors, Balers, Drills, etc.
Hard Loads up to 10HP:
Presses, Punches, Balers, Compressors, Shapers, Shears, Sheet Metal Breaks, Lathes, Sanders, Mixers, etc.
CNC & Resistive Loads up to 10HP (28)amps:
Milling Machines, Lathes, etc.
Determine the load type of the application, and then consult the chart below. Please call us toll free at 1-888-743-6832 for sizing assistance and/or a professional recommendation.
- Easy - no flywheel, clutch, little resistance/inertia, 1-2 times full load current upon start-up
- Medium- machine inertia, medium resistance, 3-4 times full load current upon start-up
- Hard - flywheel, no clutch, starts against load, 5-6 times, or locked rotor current upon start-up
- Very Hard- elevator, hydraulic pump, equipment under continuous load etc
- Frequent Start- instant reversing, heavy running loads
- CNC - turning centers, PLC's, EDM, CNC machining
- Resistive - heaters, transformers, welders, power supplies etc.
|Rotary Phase Converter||Largest HP Motor Load||Maximum CNC Load||Max Total Load Combined Equip†||Operating Cost‡|
|* total spindle horsepower: total kW of the machine must be less than max CNC load kW.|
|† combined loads do not include CNC or voltage sensitive loads.|
|‡ cost based on national average of $.10/kWhr.|