- About Us
- Shopping Cart
Dry Type Distribution Transformers
Dry-type distribution transformers are rated for 600 volts and below, and support a variety of general loads. They can be either ventilated, enclosed, or encapsulated (potted). Distribution transformers can be used with American Rotary phase converters.
Click any of the following for three phase Dry Type Distribution Transformer Prices:
208D - 208Y/120 Three-Phase Transformers
208D - 480Y/277 Three-Phase Transformers
240D - 208Y/120 Three-Phase Transformers
240D - 480Y/277 Three-Phase Transformers
480D - 208Y/120 Three-Phase Transformers
480D - 240D/120CT Three-Phase Transformers
600D - 208Y/120 Three-Phase Transformers
600D - 480Y/277 Three-Phase Transformers
Sizing Distribution Transformers for Three Phase Loads:
- Determine the voltage (in amperes or kVA) required by the load, and the frequency of the load. This information is usually found on the equipment nameplates or instruction manuals.
- Determine the voltage of the line supply (source) and the frequency of the supply.
- The frequency of the load and the supply MUST match!
- Select a transformer with a standard kVA capacity equal to or greater than that needed to operate the load. Primary taps are available on most models to compensate for line voltage variations. This formula can be used to determine proper kVA size for the required transformer: Three Phase kVA = (Volts x Amps x 1.73) / 1000
Key Features of Distribution Transformers:
- Ratings: 15 to 45 kVA and 75 to 750 kVA
- Voltage group: 600 volts and under
- Frequency: 60Hz
- Designed with a heavy duty, ventilated NEMA Type 3R enclosure (Optional NEMA 4, 4X and 12)
- Insulation system: 220 C° (150 C° rise) / options available for copper
- Single-phase and three-phase configurations available
- UL listed - File: E112313
- CSA certified - File: LR3902
- Neutral: Neutral terminal for field connection (on applicable units)
- Custom sizes, ratings and styles available upon request
- Enclosure type: Heavy Duty NEMA Type 3R (optional NEMA 4, 4X, and 12 available)
- Enclosure finish: ANSI 61 GREY, UL50
- Termination: Front accessible separate high and low voltage terminals with connectors.
- Conduit Knock-Outs: Standard on units 45 kVA and below, and on 75 kVA & 150 kVA units.
- Mounting: Floor or wall/ceiling mounting available.
- Sound level: Meets NEMA ST-20 standards (optional low noise units available)